Trinity welcomes all requests for baptism. Baptism for us is rooted in the need to celebrate the gift of every life. At baptism we give thanks for the miracle and mystery of life and that fact that we are all created and called to participate in the evolution of this world through the choices we make. Baptism reminds us that we are all interdependent and that as we gather in the Spirit of Christ’s love, we encourage one another and help each other be the best we can be.
- We welcome all requests for baptism.
- For the baptism of a child, we ask that at least one of the adults in the child’s life attend a Baptismal Prep workshop or have a home visit.
- For the baptism of an adult, we ask that person to attend a workshop or have a home visit.
- If the parents wish, another adult can make the promises on their child’s behalf.
- If parents are from out of town and are not attending a church, Trininty will make an appointment for them to visit the closest United Church so they can meet the Pastor and have contact with a local church.
- The Pastor will have discression to waive this policy in the event of an emergency.
If you have any questions or are interested in baptism for yourself or your child, please contact Rev. Paul